Friday, November 12, 2010

Giving Back

I am so blessed in my Life. I have an amazing Husband who adores me, I have simply the greatest children on Earth ( and yes, I am biased, but who cares) and I love what I do each and every day. I wake up sometimes and pinch myself. How is it fair that I can have so much when others have so little.
 I try to avoid the daily news. The media tends to fill our minds with so much pollution. I firmly believe that thoughts become things, I live my life with that motto, so to immerse myself in the misery of the news media tends to invite the wrong "things"into my life. But I do recognize, without having to see it on high definition television, that the world is filled with heartache. My heart breaks for those parents who cannot give their children a daily meal or clean drinking water. There are so many of them. Millions of children across the Globe are dying every year simply because they do not have the essentials that we take for granted. As a parent I cannot imagine having to hold my child while his screaming for food slows to the inevitable lethargy that preludes his death from starvation.
For this reason, and many others, I encourage my children to 'Give Back'. We, as a Family, regularly help raise funds for The AgelCares Foundation. This Foundation helps children all over the world and 100% of donations get right into the hands of those that need it most.
So today, please take a look in the mirror, what do you have in your life to give thanks for.  What can you do to help others and give back?
If we all held out a hand to help others, imagine what a difference that would make.
If you would like to know more about The AgelCares Foundation please go to www.agelcares.org
Maybe you can start giving back today.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a beautiful writer Case. I wish I had that gift....hence all the pictures on my blog:)! Loved this post and made me more grateful today for what I have. It is so important to give back. In my opinion, that is one huge reason we are here on this earth....to see what we will do with what we have, whether it's with our time, talents or other means....we must give back. Thanks for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete